- The cross center tip eliminates all carbide cutting edges!
- Production time is only 4-6 weeks. That’s up to 1/4 of the “normal” lead time.
- Up to 3x faster than carbide.
- Speeds and feeds result in shorter cycle times.
- The hardest grade of solid wafer PCD manufactured – period.
- Prevents premature breakdown of the drill point as compared to outboard tipped drills.
- Skip the regrind process over 10x longer than you would have. <pause. reflect> Ahhh.
- Less stopping and tool changing. That could even be 800,000 holes in some applications!
- Lengthen your production cycles.
- Over 10x stronger than the best maintained carbide comparison.
- Better wear resistance versus standard grade PCD.
- Improve your company’s efficiency: fewer tools sitting in inventory, fewer regrinds, fewer scraps.
- Less premature failure with wear or breakdown at the chisel.
- Significant cost savings per hole.
- 4-6 weeks delivery time, compared to the competitor’s 16-20 weeks.
- We educate best practices to your team to ensure proper handling, eliminating user error.
Who we’re for.
Non-ferrous, composite, CFRP, high abrasive, and plastics industries. With efficiency in mind, the EdgeX4 was developed to give companies a drill that works hard for them during the manufacturing process. The application of this tool in both laboratory testing and in production has demonstrated that this concentrated technology provides an attractive solution for CFRP machining in terms of tool life, cutting speed, surface quality and most importantly, productivity and cost efficiency.
The challenges have been how to effectively and efficiently apply solid diamond materials while running zero surface footage at the center to form an effective cutting “Edge” – faster, stronger, longer and more efficient!
We have partnered with the highest grade, highest concentration of PCD on the globe and perfected a new way to marry solid PCD to carbide. Be a part of the leading edge. Get the EdgeX4 drill.
What are you settling for?
Decades have been dedicated to the evolution of effective drills. Steel to carbide to PCD outboard tipped. Yet here we are. Engineers across all industries including automotive, aerospace, wind, and other manufacturers in composite/CFRP industries have identified the need for a better solution. Faster, longer, stronger and efficient. There has to be a better way.
To improve the process, you have to know it through and through. You have to acknowledge the frustrations of your global partners yet question why we are all conditioned to accept regrind after regrind and the excessive machine down time and QA involved. This is the system we’ve all been used to – but it shouldn’t be this way. And thanks to our innovation in creating the EdgeX4, it doesn’t have to be.
That’s what our EdgeX4 innovators at West Ohio Tool Co. believe. We have been developing and making tooling solutions for more than 30 years.
Keep things rolling
Although our company has grown into a multi-million dollar success – we want to stop the daily regrind. Yes, that’s right. We want to keep your production moving forward and help you get it right the first time. That way everyone can focus on getting the important things done. The EdgeX4 has been tested by manufacturing partners across the country. For die-cast aluminum, the EdgeX4 is proving to last more than 10x longer than competitor drills without needing a regrind.
Calling all composite/CFRP industries!
Are you ready to be on the cutting edge of what solid, PCD drilling can do for your production timelines? Give our West Ohio Tool Co. team a call and see what a difference the proprietary development of the strongest drill to date can do for you.
Introduce the EdgeX4 solid PCD Cross-Center Tipped Drill to your engineers and let them see for themselves the difference a faster, stronger, longer lasting, and more efficient drill can do for them.
The EdgeX4 Family
*Sizes and styles of each vary based on application and need. Inquire for additional information.
EdgeX4-PCD-H – Helix, or twist, version of the EdgeX4 with pcd across the full center is for CFRP/composites and other abrasive materials. Case studies and more data coming soon.
EdgeX4-PCD-S – straight version of the EdgeX4 with pcd across the full center is incredible for aluminum and other non-ferrous metals. We have had great success in die-cast aluminum with this tool! Case Study Below!
EdgeX4-PCD-FN – the full nib version is also great for CFRP/composites and can handle difficult geometries as well as smaller sizes.